Dawn is an environmental scientist with a Bachelor of Science degree in Biological Sciences from Stanford University. Her career began in Prince William Sound, Alaska, just after the 1989 Exxon Valdez Oil Spill, where she worked on oil spill fate and effects studies with Kinnetic Laboratories, Inc. That first summer stretched into 11 years in Alaska, with environmental remediation and monitoring projects that took her all over the state -- from the Pribilof Islands to Yakutat, from the Kodiak Archipelago to the North Slope oil fields. Dawn relocated to Colorado in 2000 and joined Rare Earth Science in 2002, where her varied work includes due diligence and baseline inventories for land conservation projects, environmental awareness training for the mining industry, weltand delineation and permitting, and threatened and endangered species surveys.
Rare Earth Science is a small environmental and natural resources consulting firm with offices in Gunnison and Paonia, Colorado. Since 2000, we have been providing a range of geological, biological, and environmental-related services to government, industry, private, and non-profit entities in the western U.S. and Alaska. Our primary areas of practice include:
- Land Conservation - Conservation easement baseline documentation, minerals assessment, and land management planning.
- Environmental Due Diligence for Real Estate Transactions - ASTM Phase I, II, and III Environmental Site Assessments, ASTM Transaction Screens, Geologic Hazard Surveys.
- Wetlands - Wetland delineations, Clean Water Act (Section 404) permitting
- NEPA - Threatened & endangered species inventories, rare plant surveys, environmental assessments
- GIS Services - Mapping & data management
Contact Dawn Reeder
REMINDER: This listing is a free service of ColoradoLandCAN.
Dawn Reeder is not employed by or affiliated with the Colorado Land Conservation Assistance Network, and the Network does not certify or guarantee their services. The reader must perform their own due diligence and use their own judgment in the selection of any professional.
Contact Dawn Reeder
Rare Earth Sciences, LLC
38696 Fruitland Mesa Road
Crawford, CO 81415
Phone: (970) 641-1144
Cell Phone: (970) 527-8445
Statewide service provider in:
- New Mexico