By 2025 up to 40% of the world will live in water scarce regions. Global water consumption increases at twice the population rate. In 1960 the world’s population was 3 billion, which represented a doubling of the population since the mid 1800’s. By the year 2000, the population had increased to over 6 billion. Less than ten years later it had reached 7 billion. Within thirty years it will reach 9 billion.Competition for water supplies for drinking and sanitation, production of food and generation of energy to supply this population increase requires vision, expertise and creative planning. Patrick, Miller and Noto leads the field in diligent, cutting edge, sustainable planning and legal services in the water resource field.In the United States, most jurisdictions lack effective long range and drought municipal and regional water plans. Planning and development of assured, adaptive water supplies are a hallmark of our firm.
We offer concentrated expertise in:
- water rights law
- water resource and waste water planning
- water transfers
- water quality law
- infrastructure planning and development
- basin planning and mediation
- transboundary water issues
- tribal water law
- geothermal law
- aquatic environmental law (ESA and wetland law)
Our clients range from individuals to major corporations…from municipalities to regional basin authorities…from ranchers to resorts. Our confined area of practice requires us to be versant in the physical sciences, economics of utility regulation and resource and infrastructure planning. Our task is to integrate these facets of the practice resulting in a solution that meets the client’s schedule and objectives.
Waterlaw: Patrick, Miller, Noto has attorneys licensed in the states of Arizona, Colorado, Montana, North Dakota, Oklahoma, and Texas. We have offices in Aspen, CO, Basalt, CO, Denver, CO, Scottsdale, AZ and Tulsa, OK.
- Vermont Law School; J.D. & Masters in Environmental Law (M.S.E.L.) 1995
- University of Colorado (Boulder); B.A. International Business, Marketing 1987
- American Bar Association, Natural Resource Section
- Colorado Bar Association
- Pitkin County Bar Association
- Admitted to practice before U.S. Tenth Circuit Court of Appeals
- Admitted to practice before U.S. Supreme Court
Selected Professional Experience
- Member, Moot Court Advisory Board
- Member, Water Law Section, Colorado State Bar
- Member, Water Resources Committee; Environment, Energy and Resources Section, American Bar Association
- Chairperson, Water Bench Bar Committee, Division No. 5 Water Court
- Member, Nominating Committee, Bench/Bar Committee, Water Division No. 5 (1999)
- Admitted to practice in Colorado in 1995
Contact Scott C. Miller
REMINDER: This listing is a free service of ColoradoLandCAN.
Scott C. Miller is not employed by or affiliated with the Colorado Land Conservation Assistance Network, and the Network does not certify or guarantee their services. The reader must perform their own due diligence and use their own judgment in the selection of any professional.
Contact Scott C. Miller
Patrick, Miller and Noto
229 Midland Avenue
Basalt, CO 81621
Phone: (970) 920-1030
Toll Free: (800) 282-5458
Fax: (970) 927-1030
Statewide service provider in: