Colorado State University Extension provides research-based information and public education on a variety of topics such as forest health, wildfire mitigation, youth development, home gardening and natural resources.
Local Summit County Programs
Summit County CSU Extension offers numerous programs, educational workshops, 4-H youth activities, and community services. These programs include:
- 4-H Youth Development: Young people in Summit County can learn leadership, citizenship and life skills through youth development activities like fly fishing, mountain biking, archery, rocketry, robotics and other science-based programs.
- Chipping Program: Reduce wildfire risk by clearing woody vegetation from around your home. We’ll chip it and haul it away for free.
- Forest Health and Wildfire Mitigation: CSU Extension supports forest health and wildfire education in Summit County. Extension also administers the Summit County Wildfire Council, a communitywide coalition working to reduce the threat of wildfire.
- Seedling Tree Program: Seedling trees are available to landowners for purposes of conservation, reforestation, windbreaks and wildlife habitat.
- Colorado Master Gardener: Learn more about home gardening from experts at CSU Extension; volunteer to share your new skills and knowledge with others.
Contact Summit County Extension